AppSync really shines in a few areas like syncing data across installs. Another great area is in subscriptions. This allows an app to subscribe to updates of data. That can be updates of existing data, creation of new data, or more. Once an app subscribes to these updates, the given closure is called with the related data.
- So in this chapter we're going to look at how to be notified…of any new posts or updated posts or deleted posts…and this is done through subscriptions.…So if we look at our schema we can drill down…and we can look for some things that specify…the subscriptions...…And there they are.…So we have the settings update,…we see the create update and delete settings subscriptions…and also the create update and delete post subscriptions.…Now notice there's a difference between these two:…on the create settings, there's no parameters…but on the post settings, there are,…and this is because you can subscribe to certain posts.…
You can specify an ID if you want to subscribe…to a certain post when it's created- that would be strange-…or updated, that would make sense, or given user…whenever they create, update, or delete a post, and so on.…But we don't want to do that.…We want to be notified when any posts are created,…so we're going to delete in our schema all of these parameters…for the create post, for the update posts,…
- Preparing to use AppSync in code
- Updating settings and the schema
- Adding a second data source
- Storing posts online
- Updating subscriptions in schema
- Testing live updates
- Handling updated posts
- Offline capabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
1. AWS User Authentication
2. AppSync Setup
Amplify codegen3m 42s
3. App Code and Configuration
4. Adding a Second Datasource
5. Real-Time Updates
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.