In this video, learn key factors in the total cost of ownership for solutions built on AWS services.
- [Instructor] As we move into the later portion…of this course, we're going to start pulling together…understanding of cost.…And as a working architect, this is an area where…I've worked with a lot of different clients.…It's a big part of getting actual business value…out of moving solutions up to the Cloud.…So I always approach this in terms of true cost.…So obviously there is the cost of the particular…AWS services like EC2 or Lambda and so on and so forth,…and you should do your best to have some sort…of predictability around that, through understanding…of how you purchase the services, what's best for you,…looking at what your trend is, forecasting into the future,…setting up alerts if you go outside of the normal parameters…and making adjustments.…
I mean, that's just a basic and hopefully I've given you…enough information to get started with that in this course.…In addition to that though,…there are some kind of hidden costs that I've seen…really creep up on people, and I want to just mention them.…So one is labor cost.…
- Approaches to cloud service cost control
- Why control AWS service costs?
- Controlling costs by service
- Starting services with CloudFormation
- CloudWatch billing alarms
- AWS Trusted Advisor cost control
- Using third-party products
- Cost control scenarios
Skill Level Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Design Decisionswith David Linthicum59m 48s Intermediate
Cloud Architecture: Advanced Conceptswith David Linthicum58m 44s Intermediate
1. Approaches to Cloud Service Cost Control
2. Control Costs by Service
3. Other Ways to Control Costs
4. Cost Control Scenarios
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.