Describe what Security Groups are and how they work
- [Instructor] Security Groups are the tool…within AWS, that let you control…inbound and outbound network traffic to your AWS instances.…Think of a security group as a virtual firewall.…There are some key differences about…how security groups work, when compared to firewalls…you may have configured in the past.…Let's explore some security group particulars.…First off, security groups are applied…at the AWS service level.…For example, access to AWS components,…including EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancers,…and Relational Database Services…are all controlled via Security Groups.…
Security groups are assigned to AWS components individually.…For instance, you may have five different EC2 instances…running in a given subnet.…It's possible to configure each individual EC2 instance…with it's own security group.…With any firewall, the more rules it has to process,…the greater the impact on performance.…For this reason, AWS subscribes to the 500/50/5 rule.…That is, there are 5 security groups allowed…per network interface.…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- Exploring Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Configuring subnets, route tables, and gateways
- Working with access control lists (ACLs)
- Maintaining network security
- Implementing VPC peering and peer routing
- Using Route 53
- Managing a private DNS
Skill Level Intermediate
1. AWS Network Foundations
Understanding Route 534m 54s
2. Virtual Private Cloud
3. VPC Security
4. VPC Peering
5. Route 53
Wrap up1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.