This video describes what an elastic IP address and its features.
- [Instructor] Let's explore the useful characteristics…of an elastic IP, or EIP.…Then, let's use one in concert with Route 53…to make my WordPress site public.…First, let's fly through some EIP basics.…An EIP is a static IP address…that can point to an EC2 instance.…You can move an EIP from one instance to another.…This is software-defined networking, or SDN,…at its finest.…I don't know what software AWS uses for SDN.…What I do know is that you don't have to become…an SDN expert to use an EIP.…
Be advised that if you happen to move an EIP…to an instance with a public IP,…that public IP is released back to the AWS pool.…You can't reuse it.…Finally, an EIP can't be moved between AWS regions.…That said, you can move it across VPC's…inside of a single region.…This is an extremely useful capability.…If you do blue-green deployments to production…using separate VPC's, an EIP can help you get there.…Let's briefly visualize what this looks like.…Suppose you run production out of US West.…
Thinking ahead, you create an EIP within this region…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- Exploring Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Configuring subnets, route tables, and gateways
- Working with access control lists (ACLs)
- Maintaining network security
- Implementing VPC peering and peer routing
- Using Route 53
- Managing a private DNS
Skill Level Intermediate
1. AWS Network Foundations
Understanding Route 534m 54s
2. Virtual Private Cloud
3. VPC Security
4. VPC Peering
5. Route 53
Wrap up1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.