This video defines what VPC flow logs are.
- [Instructor] Experienced network security…professionals may feel uncomfortable…about moving services off premises.…This is typically caused by a…reduced ability to monitor network traffic.…AWS offers VPC Flow Logs as a way to mitigate this concern.…VPC Flow Logs are a way to log…network traffic associated with a VPC.…Flow Logs can be created for any VPC within your account.…Flow Logs associated with a VPC…will capture traffic for every network interface…in the VPC at roughly 15 minute intervals.…
Similar to other AWS services,…VPC Flow Logs are stored in CloudWatch…and are accessible via the web console.…Upon creation, there is about a 10 minute delay…before the logs become visible within the web console.…Since Flow Logs are published to CloudWatch,…and Identity and Access Management…role, with the appropriate permissions, is required.…Flow Logs can be configured to store accepted…or rejected network traffic.…If you prefer, you can configure a single log…to store both accepted and rejected traffic.…
VPC Flow Logs contain work network traffic details,…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- Exploring Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Configuring subnets, route tables, and gateways
- Working with access control lists (ACLs)
- Maintaining network security
- Implementing VPC peering and peer routing
- Using Route 53
- Managing a private DNS
Skill Level Intermediate
1. AWS Network Foundations
Understanding Route 534m 54s
2. Virtual Private Cloud
3. VPC Security
4. VPC Peering
5. Route 53
Wrap up1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.