Learn about what Route53, DNS, and traffic management can do.
- [Narrator] Route 53 is an AWS tool for providing…Domain Name System, of DNS, services.…Let's explore some of the defining features of Route 53.…Cleverly named after the port used for DNS queries,…Route 53 provides name address resolution.…It maps a user-friendly name, like www.google.com,…to an IP address, like 184.108.40.206.…A more interesting capability of Route 53…is DNS failover.…
Configured properly, Route 53 can detect…a website outage and redirect people…to a different location where the website is working.…With global traffic management, Route 53 allows you…to create traffic policies that optimize…your user's experience.…Let's explore the types of routing policies…you can implement within Route 53.…One option is the ability to create a failover policy.…Suppose your website operates out of the US West region,…with a warm standby in the US East region.…
Operating normally, Route 53 is sending people…to US West.…When Route 53 detects an application failure,…traffic is directed to your warm standby in US East.…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- Exploring Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Configuring subnets, route tables, and gateways
- Working with access control lists (ACLs)
- Maintaining network security
- Implementing VPC peering and peer routing
- Using Route 53
- Managing a private DNS
Skill Level Intermediate
1. AWS Network Foundations
Understanding Route 534m 54s
2. Virtual Private Cloud
3. VPC Security
4. VPC Peering
5. Route 53
Wrap up1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.