Take a deeper look at the first pillar of the AWS Well-Architected Framework: operational excellence.
- Hi there, Mark Wilkins checking in. Welcome to the Well-Architected Framework, the Operational Excellence Pillar. And I hope you'll join me on this journey through understanding what Amazon means by operational excellence. Generally I find people want to follow best practices once they figure out that its the best practice that has some teeth behind it. It actually means something. So Amazon has worked with a lot of their customers to ensure that the information they provide in the well-architected framework across all pillars actually makes sense. It's been tested and approved. So in this class we're going to look at design principles, key areas to master when you're starting up the initial planning for your application being hosted at AWS. And once we get the operational excellence out of the way in the test mode and into production of course it's a never-ending story, isn't it. We have to keep changing and modifying our design. So join me as we explore how our applications can achieve the highest award, operational excellence at AWS.
- Design principals
- Key operational areas
- Key AWS services
- Designing workloads with key managed services
- Using Lambda for operational readiness
- Managing operational health
- Responding to health events