No data management strategy is complete without a robust plan for backup and recovery. In this video, get introduced to AWS Backup, the service that lets you centrally manage backup and restore operations for many of the storage options described in this course.
- [Instructor] Throughout this course … we've explored many ways of using AWS services … to store and manage your data. … And at each stop … we've looked at how to keep that data backed up. … After all, there are many potential threats to your data. … Disk failure is one. … While AWS has high levels of advertised durability, … facilitated by behind the scenes replication … and integrity checks, makes this possibility a remote one. … Remember that not every service … has the same level of durability as S3. … EBS volumes will beat an off the shelf hard drive any day, … but they're still subject to failure. … Malware is another danger. … Any AWS stored data … attached to an instance with Internet access … is subject to the same malware risk as any PC or laptop. … A very real, very scary possibility these days … is that ransomware could encrypt your data … and hold it hostage until you pay up. … You don't want to get stuck … having to comply with a demand like that. … Finally, there's the most prevalent danger to your data. …
Join AWS architect Brandon Rich and learn how to configure object storage solutions and lifecycle management in Simple Storage Service (S3), a web service offered by AWS, and migrate, back up, and replicate relational data in RDS. Find out how to leverage flexible network storage with Elastic File System (EFS), and use the new AWS Glue service to move and transform data. Plus, learn how Snowball can help you transfer truckloads of data in and out of the cloud.
- What is data management?
- AWS S3 basics
- S3 bucket creation
- S3 upload and logging
- S3 event notifications
- S3 data lifecycle configuration
- Working with Amazon Elastic Block Store volumes
- Creating and mounting an EFS
- Creating an AWS RDS instance
- RDS backup and recovery
- Moving data with AWS Database Migration Service
- Moving data with Data Pipeline and Glue
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Services (2015)with Lynn Langit4h 30m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
2. Object Storage
3. File Systems
4. Database Services
5. Getting Data to AWS
6. Moving Data in AWS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.