This video covers explains what a private DNS is and describes when it is used.
- [Male Voiceover] One very useful feature…of Route 53 is the ability to configure…Private DNS for a VPC.…Let's explore a use case illustrating why you might…want to use Private DNS and then go into the console…and set it up.…Let's say you are operating an application out of US West…and are using Route 53 to manage DNS.…Within the US West region, the current version…of the application runs on an instance…within a VPC.…You've configured a public hosted zone in Route 53…to direct users to this application.…
When a user tries to access this application,…Route 53 will handle the DNS query…and direct them to the appropriate instance.…Meanwhile, in your Development VPC,…you are hard at work on application updates.…Prior to deploying the new version of your application,…you want to test it from the perspective of a user.…The scope of your testing includes…using the actual domain for the application.…In order to complete your testing,…you configure an internal hosted zone in Route 53.…In that configuration, you specify an A-record,…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- Exploring Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Configuring subnets, route tables, and gateways
- Working with access control lists (ACLs)
- Maintaining network security
- Implementing VPC peering and peer routing
- Using Route 53
- Managing a private DNS
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett3h 56m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Enterprise Security (2016)with Sharif Nijim2h 5m Intermediate
1. AWS Network Foundations
Understanding Route 534m 54s
2. Virtual Private Cloud
3. VPC Security
4. VPC Peering
5. Route 53
Wrap up1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.