This video discusses that it is possible to connect multiple VPCs together.
- [Instructor] As your use of AWS grows,…you may find yourself needing…to establish private network connectivity between VPCs.…Perhaps you have services you want to share…across VPCs in a single account.…You may also have the need to connect privately…to a partner operating in AWS.…Consider the following example.…A company has a research department operating…in the Sydney region.…To make financial management easier,…the research department has its own AWS account.…Similarly, the company's development organization…has its own AWS account with resources in the Sydney region.…
A VPC exists within each account.…The company carefully manages its private IP space…to ensure no overlap exists across its divisions.…The research group was allocated space…within the 192 address range,…while the development group is working in the 10 space.…Each group has a public subnet within its VPC,…as well as a private subnet.…The company needs to share resources…between its researchers and its developers.…To facilitate that, a VPC peering connection…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- Exploring Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Configuring subnets, route tables, and gateways
- Working with access control lists (ACLs)
- Maintaining network security
- Implementing VPC peering and peer routing
- Using Route 53
- Managing a private DNS
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett3h 56m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Enterprise Security (2016)with Sharif Nijim2h 5m Intermediate
1. AWS Network Foundations
Understanding Route 534m 54s
2. Virtual Private Cloud
3. VPC Security
4. VPC Peering
5. Route 53
Wrap up1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.