Understand CloudWatch namespaces, metrics, dimensions, statistics, and alarms.
- [Narrator] CloudWatch is the monitoring service…built into AWS.…Capable of monitoring almost every AWS service,…you can use it to engineer a comprehensive,…proactive monitoring solution.…Let's explore the components that make up…this very useful tool.…Let's first explore CloudWatch metrics.…Most AWS services integrate with CloudWatch by default.…Since EC2 is one of the most widely used AWS services,…let's look at it first.…Included in the cost of running an EC2 instance…is basic CloudWatch monitoring.…
Without the need to install any software agents…on the guest operating system,…basic monitoring is collected at five minute intervals.…Basic monitoring gives you visibility…into a limited set of metrics,…including CPU utilization, disk activity,…and network activity.…Also included for free are status check metrics.…Status check metrics indicate the relationship…between the EC2 instance and the underlying hypervisor.…If the hypervisor deems an EC2 instance…to be unhealthy, the status check metric would show it.…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- Exploring monitoring tools
- Understanding CloudWatch
- Using CloudWatch alarms
- Monitoring EC2 memory
- Using AWS Config
- Understanding AWS logging and ElasticSearch
- Combining CloudWatch and Lambda
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
1. Exploring Monitoring Tools
2. Using AWS Config
3. Beyond Traditional Monitoring
4. Taking Action
Next steps2m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.