Learn about the different types of continuous deployment strategies, such as in-place deployment, blue/green deployment, and others.
- [Instructor] Now, as we're working to automate our…continuous delivery and continuous integration for…applications on Amazon, there are different types of…deployments philosophically, and I know when I've…worked with teams to build out these pipelines,…it's really important that you discuss what is going to work…best for your business, and this is just a chart I…actually got from an Amazon best practices whitepaper…that I have a link to here, that gives some common…methods of deployment.…So, let's just talk about them so we can understand…some of the considerations.…So Deploy in place, is going to have downtime,…and it is going to have some advantages in that you will…have no DNS change, cause you're just redeploying,…and you're deploying to existing instances.…
This frankly, is a less preferred pattern,…and this one that seems to be the right thing,…like you would just re-deploy what you have,…but the idea here is that you're going to have downtime,…and in continuous deployment scenarios if you get to the…
- Continuous delivery (CD) approaches
- Automation approaches
- Core services of AWS
- Core AWS tools
- Advanced CD
- Advanced automation
- Using third-party tools for CD and automation
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
1. Continuous Delivery (CD) and Automation Approaches
2. CD and Automation with Core AWS Services
3. Using AWS Tools for Advanced CD and Automation
4. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
Infrastructure as code4m 22s
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.