Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video Troubleshooting demo: Security groups, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- Now that we've looked at the route tables, let's…troubleshoot from a different angle.…What about the security groups?…Could it be a firewalling issue?…Remember, there are rules for your instances, and if…you have applied a security group to the instance,…we need to check what the rules are.…Remember also that there are inbound and outbound rules.…If you don't have any rules set up by default, the…security group will automatically deny all traffic.…So, let's take a look.…We'll go over to our management console, and here we're…going to look for a virtual machine.…
This time it's going to be named Security Groups, once…again just to keep things easy.…Now, Security Groups being selected I can look down…at the bottom and it can find its public IP address.…And let's see if we can make our connection.…Now, this particular machine happens to be running…Windows instead of Linux, so let's try and make a…connection and see what goes on.…I've got my remote desktop client set up…to try and log in.…When I double click this guy he's going to try…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Design and Implement Systemswith Lynn Langit2h 51m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.