Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video Troubleshooting demo: NACLs, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [ Instructor] In this demonstration,…we're going to look at the impact…of network access control lists.…We've looked at security groups and route tables…but perhaps the reason we can't connect to our instance…is because there might be something wrong with the NACLs.…So let's take a look real quick.…The machine that we're going to explore…is aptly named NACLs.…If I select it, we can see it's information…and I can see it's public IP address.…Now this particular machine should have…a web server running on it.…We're going to copy the address, and open up a new tab,…where I will put in this address.…
And it looks like we're not going to get a response.…Looks like it's just staying on the main page…and it's just spinning, which means it's not working.…So let's go find out why.…If I go over to the instance itself,…one of the things I want to look for,…If I've already checked security groups,…and I've checked to make sure…that we have an Internet gateway, as we've shown before,…let's take a look at the NACLs.…In order to get there, I need to know what the VPC is…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.