Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video Troubleshooting demo: IP addresses, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [Instructor] Another area of check, if you're trying…to find out why you can't connect to your instance…is to check the IP addresses.…Let's take a look.…We have a machine that we've deployed that…we believe should have a web server on it.…We've called it IP Address.…So I'm going to click on it and let's go navigate to it.…So it's IP address is 10.0.0.61, hmm.…Well let's see, that's not a public IP address.…In fact when we look over here,…it doesn't even seem to have a public IP.…
This could be a problem.…So the solution for this is going to be to create…what's called an Elastic IP address.…Now we need to fix this.…Over to the left in our list of choices,…we can scroll down into network and security…and there's an entry for Elastic IPs.…We'll click it and we'll make a new address.…So we'll say allocate new address.…It says okay we need to do so.…Click ok and it gives us the new IP.…
So we've got the address.…Now we can allocate it.…So we'll pick on this guy and we'll go under actions…and associate the address.…And it said, "Where do you want this associated?"…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Design and Implement Systemswith Lynn Langit2h 51m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.