Join Brandon Rich for an in-depth discussion in this video Troubleshooting CodeDeploy deployments, part of Amazon Web Services: Deploying and Provisioning.
- CodeDeploy puts a lot of power in your hands, but it…can be difficult to troubleshoot when things go wrong.…Let's look at some of the most common issues…you may encounter with deployments.…First up, instance configuration.…Problems with your deployment group instances…can be the hardest to troubleshoot,…because your deployment will just time out,…and you will not receive an error.…Here's some possible causes to keep in mind if that happens:…Issue number one, the co-deploy agent…is simply not installed.…Remember that each instance used by CodeDeploy…must run the service agent.…
If you use an AMI without the agent installed,…you must either manually install it…or start the instance with user data that installs it.…Issue two, the agent is not running.…If you install the agent per AWS's instructions,…it should be configured as a service…that starts on instance boot.…Still, this is something worth checking.…Finally, S3 access, you might think,…I'm deploying from GitHub, why do…my instances need access to S3?…The reason is that your instances, via their agents,…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate certification exam.
- Understanding AWS EC2
- Creating an EC2 instance
- Provisioning with CloudFormation
- Architecting apps for horizontal scaling
- Creating an Elastic Beanstalk environment and app
- Using OpsWorks
- Deploying apps with CodeDeploy
Skill Level Intermediate
1. AWS EC2 Foundations
2. EC2 Creation and Provisioning
Create an EC2 instance13m 24s
3. Deployment Concepts
4. Elastic Beanstalk
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.