Learn how to trigger a Lambda when there is a message in an SQS queue in this video.
- [Instructor] So now we have the queue, … and we have put a message in the queue, … and now we need to trigger a new lambda from that message. … So, let's go to serverless.yml, … and let's go to the functions and to the bottom of that, … under the notifyExternalParties. … And let's create a new function … that will be notifyDeliveryCompany. … And this one will be the one that gets triggered … when there is a new message in the queue. … And we will create a new method in the handler, … notifyDeliveryCompany. … And this one will trigger when there's a new event. … In the sqs: queue … with the arn: … that we are getting from here. … So, this is CloudFormation notation … to get a resource and to construct the ARN, … so you can also use these in your permissions, … if you want. … And here you need to use the same name … that is in the definition of the CloudFormation. … So, there are many ways to construct the Arn. … Another thing we need to do is to decide … in which batch we are going to process …
- Backend as a service (BaaS)
- Function as a service (FaaS)
- Why infrastructure as code is so important
- Creating an order
- Setting up DynamoDB
- Saving into a DynamoDB table
- Using AWS SDK
- Sending a message to the stream
- Deploying and testing an application
- Cleaning up an AWS environment
Skill Level Intermediate
AWS for Developers: AWS AppSync with GraphQLwith Bear Cahill1h 25m Intermediate
Introduction to AWS DeepLenswith Jonathan Fernandes33m 50s Intermediate
What you should know1m 27s
1. Get Started with Serverless
2. Get Started with Kinesis
3. SNS, SQS, and Kinesis
4. Lifecycle of a Message in the Stream
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.