Learn about the different factors affecting service costs.
- [Narrator] Before we look at billing dashboard…I just want to discuss briefly my experience…around total service costs in Amazon.…And this is the same for any club vendor.…But what you need to consider is not only…the actual service cost.…So I'll just make an example here of cross compute…and let's just start with EC2.…You need to consider other aspects…of the total cost of ownership.…So starting with service cost, for the particular service…we'll just take the case of EC2.…It's important to purchase the service as I say "smartly"…or purchase the correct size of instance…scheduled for the amount of uptime or running time…turn it off when not using it.…
And cost model, whether you want to buy on demand,…whether you want to buy in advance…which is reserved,…or if there's some available at a cheaper price…which is spot.…You can actually save lots and lots of money…by just purchasing the service smartly.…The different services have different capabilities.…EC2 is one of the most used services…and one of the services…
- Security and governance approaches
- Service cost predictability
- Protecting data in-flight and at-rest
- IAM best practices
- Security via AWS Inspector, AWS Trusted Advisor, and AWS KMS
- Console tools for cost control
- Total service costs for AWS
- Using the AWS billing dashboard
- Third-party security and governance tools
- Approaches to security and cost control
Skill Level Advanced
1. Security and Governance Approaches
2. Security and Governance for Services
3. AWS Tools for Security and Governance
4. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.