See the types of tools available for you to use for AWS monitoring. Learn about tools including the AWS service console and dedicated AWS tools such as CloudWatch, the AWS scripting tool, AWS CLI, programatic access via the AWS SDK, and also third-party tools.
- [Narrator] So as we're progressing along…thinking about our strategy…for monitoring an AWS…we need to think about the tools that are available…for monitoring and logging.…As I've been mentioning…there are tools for the particular service,…so there's consoles that are integrated…in S3 and RDS and so on and so forth.…We'll also be using the scripting tool,…the AWS CLI,…and there's two versions of it.…There's the GA version…or the general availability,…and then there is a test version…that's up on GitHub…that I use all the time,…it's the shell,…which has auto complete.…So I'll probably switch…from the more standard one…to the one with the auto complete…cause that's really great…when you're learning a new API.…
So it's a tool I actually use…so I want to include it here.…And then there are a number of services…and we'll go over the console and just look at them.…The ones that are core are CloudWatch and CloudTrail.…And then we have application-level tools…and then we have third-party tools.…So we're over in console…with our new account that we set up…
- Understanding approaches to monitoring
- Matching business application priorities to monitoring approaches
- Tools for monitoring and logging
- Monitoring core AWS Services
- Using CloudFormation templates
- Monitoring S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, and EMR
- Using core AWS tools for metrics and logging
- Using AWS services for advanced monitoring
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
1. Monitoring Approaches
2. Monitoring Core AWS Services
3. Core AWS Tools for Metrics and Logging
4. Using AWS Services for Advanced Monitoring
5. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
6. Application Monitoring
Compare monitoring tools2m 54s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.