You always want to test your features and make sure everything is working. For live updates that can be a challenge. Fortunately, you can run multiple instances of the simulator and even log in with the same account. As you create items and upload to the server, the subscription sends the changes to the other instance.
- [Instructor] Okay, so now let's see this in action.…No work to do here, let's just check it out.…So I'm going to put a break point here…in this subscription.…And I'll put one up here…so we can make sure we see the subscription being created.…And I'm going to run two instances of the simulator…and we should see the updates come across.…So that's one.…Now I'm running the second instance and…I'm going to log in with the same account.…
Now, it's going to create a subscription.…And now I'm going to start the app from…the first simulator again,…and I'll create a new post.…And it'll be subscription.…Then I post that.…We get the call back into the guard that creates the post…and now we have it in our second one.…Let's stop the break point so we can see it happen live.…
I'll call this one sub two.…Post it.…And, boom, there it is.…Isn't that crazy?…That's so exciting.…That's incredible to me.…That in this much time we've done so much over…on line data basis and user authorization and the UI and…this is incredible, I love this.…
- Preparing to use AppSync in code
- Updating settings and the schema
- Adding a second data source
- Storing posts online
- Updating subscriptions in schema
- Testing live updates
- Handling updated posts
- Offline capabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
AWS Security Best Practices for Developerswith Carlos Rivas46m 31s Intermediate
1. AWS User Authentication
2. AppSync Setup
Amplify codegen3m 42s
3. App Code and Configuration
4. Adding a Second Datasource
5. Real-Time Updates
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.