Once you have the app set up and initializing everything you can start storing data on the server. The API.swift file that was generated gives you the classes necessary to get started. You need to create an input class instance and you can use that to create the mutation and the app sync client to perform the mutation on the server.
- [Instructor] So, now our app is configured,…it's all set up and ready to store data online.…We have our database to store cache locally,…and we've created our appSyncClient…where we're going to perform all the operations…of uploading and downloading.…Let's look real quick at the API.swift file…to see what we need to create.…We're going to create a CreatePicoInput.…This'll be an input to the mutation.…So let's search for mutation.…Here's the CreatePicoMutation,…and that's all we need to create…to perform with the AppSyncClient.…The AppSyncClient will perform this mutation.…
Same for update, pico, and delete pico items on the server.…So let's use that now in our code.…We're going to go to the Master View Controller.…And if you remember we added to our schema…an ID for our Pico item.…So I'm going to add a property on line 13,…and type var id equal…open close quote for an empty stream.…Now down at the very bottom of the file,…is where we create new objects,…and this function, insert new object on line 187.…Let's update this with the new values that we have.…
- Working with the Amplify toolchain
- Creating a React app
- Adding analytics to a React app with Amplify
- User authentication via AWS
- Using Amplify to simplify account creation and management
- Creating a GraphQL API
- Storing files online
Skill Level Intermediate
AWS API Gateway with HTTP, Lambda, DynamoDB, and iOSwith Bear Cahill1h 33m Intermediate
1. AWS Amplify Overview
2. Amplified React App
3. Mobile App Features
4. Serverless Back End
5. Storing Files Online
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.