In the final video of this chapter, explore the important topic of performance related to storage. It's not enough to have the storage space you require. You must also be able to access at the speed you desire. The key is in selecting the proper volume type, for EBS, or storage class, for S3. Get the information required to make this decision, in this video.
- I want to wrap up this discussion on storage … that we've been focused on in this chapter … by reviewing some very important numbers related … to performance when it comes to your storage. … Now, I've talked a little bit throughout … about the different storage methods … and some of the factors that have to be considered, … such as IOPS and so forth. … What I want to do now is take you to show you … where the documentation from AWS comes from … that gives us this information … and point out some things you'll want … to remember for exam day. … So first of all, … we're looking here at Amazon EBS volume types, … and what I want to focus on is some … of the specific detailed characteristics … of solid-state versus magnetic hard drives. … Now, here they don't actually use the term magnetic. … It just says hard disk drives. … But in this context, when they're talking about that, … that is what they call magnetic drives … in the configuration screens of AWS. … And here we have the solid-state drives. …
This Total Seminars course covers the exam certification topics. For information on additional study resources—including practice tests, lab simulations, books, and discounted exam vouchers—visit totalsem.com/linkedin. LinkedIn Learning members receive special pricing.
This course was created by Total Seminars. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- S3 terminology and features
- Creating S3 buckets
- Setting up a Glacier vault
- Creating EBS volumes
- Creating an EFS file system
- Going hands on with FSx file storage
- Monitoring storage security and performance