Learn what a source control system is, why you would use it, and what the most common source control systems are.
- [Instructor] As we're continuing to…look at the components of automation of AWS applications,…let's discuss source control systems.…Here are some that I've worked with, for example.…Some are vendor-based, such as VSTS or TFS from Microsoft,…and a definite advantage of working with these…is once they're set up, it can be easier…for the developers to work with them…because they're integrated into the IDE,…in this case Visual Studio.…Other types of source control systems…that I'm using are GitHub and Bitbucket,…and they are run by GitHub and Atlassian.…
Now, there's a fee for private repositories,…which is a typical pattern for enterprises.…They usually don't put their source code publicly available,…although there are some open source projects.…And they are a stand-alone or a separate component…as opposed to something like VSTS,…so there is some integration that has to occur.…Older source control systems that are open source…that are still in wide usage are Subversion and Mercurial.…I find that these lack some enterprise features.…
- Continuous delivery (CD) approaches
- Automation approaches
- Core services of AWS
- Core AWS tools
- Advanced CD
- Advanced automation
- Using third-party tools for CD and automation
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Deploying and Provisioningwith Brandon Rich3h 18m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
1. Continuous Delivery (CD) and Automation Approaches
2. CD and Automation with Core AWS Services
3. Using AWS Tools for Advanced CD and Automation
4. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
Infrastructure as code4m 22s
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.