In this video, learn the solution for the SQS challenge.
- [Instructor] So this is quite a long challenge. … First, you will need to create API gateway in Lambda … that will get triggered when the user receives the order … and then that Lambda will need to save … the information of the order completed to the database … and also send message to a queue that these messages … in the queue will trigger another Lambda … that will talk with the customer service API. … order delivered and it has a handler in the handler file … and with the name order delivered … and the events that trigger this Lambda is an http event … in the path order delivered and with the method post. … Good, so now we can go to our handler … and create this Lambda. … So we can make all of them a little bit smaller … and we can put it after the notify delivery company Lambda. … Module exports, and here we will … write the information that we need. … So these order delivered as it says in the challenge, … it will have free things in the body. … So we need to grab the body from the event object …
- Backend as a service (BaaS)
- Function as a service (FaaS)
- Why infrastructure as code is so important
- Creating an order
- Setting up DynamoDB
- Saving into a DynamoDB table
- Using AWS SDK
- Sending a message to the stream
- Deploying and testing an application
- Cleaning up an AWS environment
Skill Level Intermediate
AWS for Developers: AWS AppSync with GraphQLwith Bear Cahill1h 25m Intermediate
Introduction to AWS DeepLenswith Jonathan Fernandes33m 50s Intermediate
What you should know1m 27s
1. Get Started with Serverless
2. Get Started with Kinesis
3. SNS, SQS, and Kinesis
4. Lifecycle of a Message in the Stream
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.