Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video Simple Storage Service (S3) and Glacier, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [Narrator] We've talked about block storage, file storage,…now it's time to talk about object storage.…And for that, we have the Simple Storage Service,…known as S3, as well as Glacier, which is a,…think of it as a close first cousin to S3.…The S3 Storage provides really reliable,…very durable storage, and cheap storage.…It's possible for you to store and retrieve…as much data as you want, whenever you want,…more or less from wherever you are on the Web.…
It's going to allow you to access it via APIs,…including things from your EC2 instances…and a whole host of other Amazon services.…One of the large-use cases for S3 Storage…is for backup copies.…You can take backups of your EBS storage, you can…store AMIs in there, and also different types of media,…things like video files, audio files, large objects.…S3 Storage is priced on a per consumed gigabyte basis.…
We're going to spend much more time in the next module…talking about S3 Storage.…Amazon Glacier is more of a long-term storage repository.…It's a place where you're going to store archived data,…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Design and Implement Systemswith Lynn Langit2h 51m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.