Learn how to use Elastic IP addresses, key pairs, and IAM roles for EC2 instances.
- [Instructor] Following our pattern…of following best security practices…before we get into the specifics of services,…we're going to do a bit more set up for EC2, that's typical.…So, the next thing we're going to do,…is go back into IM,…this is identity and access management.…And, you might remember that we created…a non-group administrator, that we're logged in as.…And, performing all of our tasks.…And, we're assigning various permissions via policies,…when need be.…Then, we're going to now create…a new type of object.…
We're going to create a role.…So, in terms of roles, we have a couple of roles…that have already been created…for some of our other objects.…And, this role we're going to create…for some of our EC2 instances.…So, when we click create role,…we're going to scroll down and select EC2.…And then, we're going to look at our use case.…And, there are several different ways…that EC2 roles can be configured.…
We'll pick the simple one,…and then we'll go to the permissions.…So, in terms of our EC2 role,…you can think of this as a service account…
This course is also an exam preparation resource, as it covers topics that map to the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam.
- AWS design concepts
- Serverless services
- Server-based services
- Code tools for implementation
- Design trade-offs for AWS applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
1. Design Concepts for Serverless AWS Services
2. Design Concepts for Server-Based AWS Services
3. AWS Code Tools for Implementation
4. Design Trade-Offs for AWS Applications
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.