See how to install and configure the AWS CLI scripting tool. Understand an alternative scripting tool for AWS called aws-shell.
- [Instructor] Now, we're going to install the AWS CLI.…Because we're on a Mac, we'll just copy this command,…pip install awscli, and run it from our terminal.…Then I'll clear the screen,…and I'll click on the Getting Started link.…I'm going to click on the Getting Set Up link on the…What is the AWS Command Line Interface documentation page.…We've already the sign up for AWS of course.…
Now, we're going to need our user access key…and secret access key.…I'll scroll to the bottom and click Configuring the AWS CLI.…On the Configuring the AWS Command Line Interface…documentation page, I'll click Quick Configuration.…From the command prompt, I'm going to run this command,…aws configure, and I'm going to need to supply my access key…for my login, my secret access key,…make sure my region matches the region we're working in.…
I'll accept the default output format, which is JSON.…So from the terminal, I'll enter aws configure…and then I'll have to put in my key values.…So now you're going to paste in your Key ID,…and then you'll have to paste your Secret Access Key ID.…
- Understanding approaches to monitoring
- Matching business application priorities to monitoring approaches
- Tools for monitoring and logging
- Monitoring core AWS Services
- Using CloudFormation templates
- Monitoring S3, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, and EMR
- Using core AWS tools for metrics and logging
- Using AWS services for advanced monitoring
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
1. Monitoring Approaches
2. Monitoring Core AWS Services
3. Core AWS Tools for Metrics and Logging
4. Using AWS Services for Advanced Monitoring
5. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
6. Application Monitoring
Compare monitoring tools2m 54s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.