Learn how to modify an AWS Database Migration Service job to continuously replicate data, and to view the ongoing sync using MySQL Workbench and pgAdmin database clients.
- [Instructor] Now that we've seen a one time…data migration, let's see how the database migration service…can achieve an ongoing replication.…Click in to the DMS link.…Then go to tasks.…We've got the one time migration here, which is done,…and can be kicked off again any time we like.…However, we want to create a task that will do this…on a continuing basis.…We'll call this replication task.…It will use our existing replication instance…and our existing MySQL and Postgres in points.…Remember how I said those could be reused?…We'll click start task on create, but I don't know…if we'll trust it, we may have to kick this off on our own.…
Migration type is where we want to change things.…We want to migrate existing data…and replicate ongoing changes.…We get a warning here about our MySQL database…that replicating requires the MySQL binary log…to be enabled and set to row.…This is the parameter change that we effected earlier…in the chapter.…So we should be good.…Scrolling down, we'll keep these defaults.…And then the all important table mappings.…
Join AWS architect Brandon Rich and learn how to configure object storage solutions and lifecycle management in Simple Storage Service (S3), a web service offered by AWS, and migrate, back up, and replicate relational data in RDS. Find out how to leverage flexible network storage with Elastic File System (EFS), and use the new AWS Glue service to move and transform data. Plus, learn how Snowball can help you transfer truckloads of data in and out of the cloud.
- What is data management?
- AWS S3 basics
- S3 bucket creation
- S3 upload and logging
- S3 event notifications
- S3 data lifecycle configuration
- Working with Amazon Elastic Block Store volumes
- Creating and mounting an EFS
- Creating an AWS RDS instance
- RDS backup and recovery
- Moving data with AWS Database Migration Service
- Moving data with Data Pipeline and Glue
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Serviceswith Lynn Langit4h 30m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
2. Object Storage
3. File Systems
4. Database Services
6. Moving Data in AWS
5. Getting Data to AWS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.