Learn how to create an SNS topic in AWS.
- [Tutor] Another really powerful capability…of S3 is the ability to send notifications…to other AWS services when something happens in the bucket.…You can send messages to SNS,…the Simple Notification Service,…to SQS, the Simple Queue Service,…or to Lambda where you can actually execute functions…in response to something that happens in S3.…For purpose of this demo,…I'd like to set up a SNS topic…and show you how to connect it to the S3 bucket…to receive notifications.…So let's actually leave the Amazon S3 section here,…go out to the main menu by clicking…the top left icon here,…and go visit Simple Notification Service.…
You can always get there by typing SNS…and choosing the option that pops up.…Here in SNS,…if you've never created a topic before…you'll see a big blue button that says Get Started.…Otherwise just come in here and choose Create Topic.…We're going to give our topic a name.…We'll call it S3DemoNotifications.…Here under the Display Name,…we don't have a lot of characters to work with,…so we're going to just call this s3notice.…
Join AWS architect Brandon Rich and learn how to configure object storage solutions and lifecycle management in Simple Storage Service (S3), a web service offered by AWS, and migrate, back up, and replicate relational data in RDS. Find out how to leverage flexible network storage with Elastic File System (EFS), and use the new AWS Glue service to move and transform data. Plus, learn how Snowball can help you transfer truckloads of data in and out of the cloud.
- What is data management?
- AWS S3 basics
- S3 bucket creation
- S3 upload and logging
- S3 event notifications
- S3 data lifecycle configuration
- Working with Amazon Elastic Block Store volumes
- Creating and mounting an EFS
- Creating an AWS RDS instance
- RDS backup and recovery
- Moving data with AWS Database Migration Service
- Moving data with Data Pipeline and Glue
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Serviceswith Lynn Langit4h 30m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
2. Object Storage
3. File Systems
4. Database Services
5. Getting Data to AWS
6. Moving Data in AWS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.