Learn how to set up SNS to receive real-time email updates on activity in S3 and be able to identify business reasons for doing so.
- [Tutor] Now that we've configured our SNS topic…to publish message to our email,…and to receive messages from the S3 bucket,…we'll go into the demo primary bucket…and set up our notifications.…You want the Properties tab here…and then scroll down to Events.…This UI as you can see allows us to Add Notification.…Now if you look a little further down…in the middle of the section here,…you can see that we have a lot of options…as to the kind of actions that we can be alerted on.…Now let's say that the contents to this bucket…are sensitive and I want to make sure…that they are never ever deleted,…so I want to get notifications if that ever happens.…
So I can choose Delete or Delete Marker Created,…or I can uncheck those and choose…ObjectDelete parenthesis all which covers…every possible deletion scenario.…I need to give a name to this notification…so we'll call it S3DemoDeleteAlert.…Now if I didn't want this alert to apply…to every object in the bucket,…I could give a prefix or a suffix to filter the objects…that will be under this alert.…
Join AWS architect Brandon Rich and learn how to configure object storage solutions and lifecycle management in Simple Storage Service (S3), a web service offered by AWS, and migrate, back up, and replicate relational data in RDS. Find out how to leverage flexible network storage with Elastic File System (EFS), and use the new AWS Glue service to move and transform data. Plus, learn how Snowball can help you transfer truckloads of data in and out of the cloud.
- What is data management?
- AWS S3 basics
- S3 bucket creation
- S3 upload and logging
- S3 event notifications
- S3 data lifecycle configuration
- Working with Amazon Elastic Block Store volumes
- Creating and mounting an EFS
- Creating an AWS RDS instance
- RDS backup and recovery
- Moving data with AWS Database Migration Service
- Moving data with Data Pipeline and Glue
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Serviceswith Lynn Langit4h 30m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
2. Object Storage
3. File Systems
4. Database Services
6. Moving Data in AWS
5. Getting Data to AWS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.