Learn about predictable cloud service costs and preview the AWS billing console.
- [Instructor] So, when you're considering…how to manage service cost predictability,…I'm really going to start with the very, very basic…recommendations that I give to my clients.…There is a certain level of sophistication…around cost management that you will attain…with regular usage, but frankly,…this is an area that I see done so poorly so often.…I don't want to skip over the basics.…So, you can think of it like an onion in this course.…We'll start in the outside layer and we'll drill in.…We'll become more sophisticated.…It's going to be a big part of this course because again,…I see it done incorrectly…and it's frustrating for the customer,…you're spending more money than you had expect.…
It's also frustrating for Amazon…because if the customers understand…how to use the services to the best value,…then they're happier customers.…So, let's start with the basics.…When you are exploring and trying out services and learning,…you want to always start with the free tier…and you probably want to have a dedicated Amazon account.…
- Security and governance approaches
- Service cost predictability
- Protecting data in-flight and at-rest
- IAM best practices
- Security via AWS Inspector, AWS Trusted Advisor, and AWS KMS
- Console tools for cost control
- Total service costs for AWS
- Using the AWS billing dashboard
- Third-party security and governance tools
- Approaches to security and cost control
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: Enterprise Securitywith Sharif Nijim2h 7m Intermediate
Learning Cloud Computing: Cloud Governancewith David Linthicum1h 5m Intermediate
1. Security and Governance Approaches
2. Security and Governance for Services
3. AWS Tools for Security and Governance
4. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.