For your business needs two big questions may be: whom are we going to contact and how. Pinpoint segments allow you to define who through static and dynamic segments and allow you to contact them through the channels. Channels allow you to send messages only to the users you want, those in the defined segment.
- [Instructor] When sending out communications … from Pinpoint there's some key concepts … you'll deal with, one is segments. … Segments are a way to subdivide your audience. … So if you want to send a message only … to user accounts with an old version … of your app you could create a segment for that based … on an app version attribute. … You can use multiple attributes … to whittle down your audience so you can define a segment … that is just users who have an iPhone … and are using version 1.1 of your app. … You can start this whittling from another existing segment. … So you may already have a segment … for users who meet the criteria … that they are in the US you're going … to release version 5.0 of your app … in the US and no longer will support version 1.1 … and you want to let those users know. … You can start with the US segment … and then add attribute filters … to target just the iPhone and users … with that version 1.1 to create a new segment. … Another great thing is that …
- Analytics and user engagement
- AWS account and console
- Users, endpoints, and channels
- Imported and dynamic segments
- Creating a Pinpoint project
- Creating a campaign
- Launching a campaign
- Sending messages
- Funnel analytics
- Monitoring and metrics
- Security with IAM
Skill Level Intermediate
AWS for Developers: Simple Email Service (SES)with Jeremy Villeneuve1h 20m Intermediate
Building Intelligent Chatbots on AWSwith Bear Cahill1h 12m Advanced
1. AWS Pinpoint Overview
2. Segments and Data
3. Engagement Campaigns
4. Analytical Data
5. Technical Access
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.