This video reviews WAF/shield for EC2.
- [Instructor] AWS WAF and Shield.…This is a web application firewall…that monitors HTTP and HTTPS requests.…And these requests would've been forwarded…either to AWS CloudFront or an application load balancer…that sits in front of EC2.…You use it to control access to your content,…based on conditions that you specify.…Examples of these are specific IP addresses…that your requests are originating from,…values of query strings that are passed in to requests.…
Additionally, you can configure CloudFront…to return a custom error page when a request is blocked.…WAF is the basic set of services…and Shield is a premium version of this.…As with some of these other security concepts,…if this type of firewall is a new concept for you,…I recommend that you dig in to the documentation…to understand all the capabilities.…As with the other services though,…we are going to go directly to a demo.…So as I mentioned, WAF can be be used…to protect, as it were, load balancer end points…that sit in front of EC2.…
So what I've done for this demo…
- Security and governance approaches
- Service cost predictability
- Protecting data in-flight and at-rest
- IAM best practices
- Security via AWS Inspector, AWS Trusted Advisor, and AWS KMS
- Console tools for cost control
- Total service costs for AWS
- Using the AWS billing dashboard
- Third-party security and governance tools
- Approaches to security and cost control
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: Enterprise Securitywith Sharif Nijim2h 7m Intermediate
Learning Cloud Computing: Cloud Governancewith David Linthicum1h 5m Intermediate
1. Security and Governance Approaches
2. Security and Governance for Services
3. AWS Tools for Security and Governance
4. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.