This video reviews TA recommendations.
- [Instructor] Next service to look at…is AWS Trusted Advisor.…What this does is it analyzes your account service usage…and provides recommendations around four areas:…cost optimization, performance,…security, and fault tolerance.…This is one of those underutilized services…that I'm glad to be including in this course…because I've shown many a customer the recommendations…from Trusted Advisor, and they've been surprised…because they never knew that it was there…or even looked at it.…So I'm going to take you over to the console…and show you what it looks like now.…
So I'm going to just bring up Trusted Advisor,…and you can see that Trusted Advisor dashboard gives…you these four pillars and then it shows you the state of…the rules that are being evaluated, whether it is in a…recommended state, green, a cautionary state, which would…be the middle one, or an alarm state, which would be red.…So you can see that we have the four pillars, so let's go…first to cost optimization.…
And you can see that the first piece of information here…
- Security and governance approaches
- Service cost predictability
- Protecting data in-flight and at-rest
- IAM best practices
- Security via AWS Inspector, AWS Trusted Advisor, and AWS KMS
- Console tools for cost control
- Total service costs for AWS
- Using the AWS billing dashboard
- Third-party security and governance tools
- Approaches to security and cost control
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: Enterprise Securitywith Sharif Nijim2h 7m Intermediate
Learning Cloud Computing: Cloud Governancewith David Linthicum1h 5m Intermediate
1. Security and Governance Approaches
2. Security and Governance for Services
3. AWS Tools for Security and Governance
4. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.