Learn how to create and use an encyption key.
- Amazon includes a key management service.…Many AWS services can use AWS KMS…to encrypt customer data.…There are two key types that you can generate.…With KMS, master keys, or keys that are used…to encrypt other keys and data keys,…keys that are used to encrypt data.…You find the KMS service in kind of…an un-intuitive place, in the AWS console.…The IM section encryption keys.…
And what's shown here in the graphic…is an example of how the various keys…could be used to encrypt data.…This is used with services like…S3 and other file storage services on AWS.…If you're new to the idea of…data encryption with keys, you might want to…further pursue the concepts via this…Amazon documentation reference that…I'm showing here, however I'm assuming that…many of you would be familiar based on…work that you've done in internal networks.…
So that being said, let's go the console,…and go to IM.…In the IM console the last link on the left…encryption keys allows us to work…with our keys.…Your console may look a little bit…different than this.…
- Security and governance approaches
- Service cost predictability
- Protecting data in-flight and at-rest
- IAM best practices
- Security via AWS Inspector, AWS Trusted Advisor, and AWS KMS
- Console tools for cost control
- Total service costs for AWS
- Using the AWS billing dashboard
- Third-party security and governance tools
- Approaches to security and cost control
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: Enterprise Securitywith Sharif Nijim2h 7m Intermediate
Learning Cloud Computing: Cloud Governancewith David Linthicum1h 5m Intermediate
1. Security and Governance Approaches
2. Security and Governance for Services
3. AWS Tools for Security and Governance
4. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.