This video reviews Inspector for EC2.
- [Voiceover] The next service we're going to look at…is AWS Inspector.…This is an automated security assessment service for EC2.…It assesses applications for vulnerabilities…or deviations from best practices.…After it completes the assessment,…it produces a prioritized list of security findings.…It includes an extensive knowledge base…of rules mapped to common security best practices.…To get us started, I want to point out…in the Amazon documentation…that inspector, as of this recording,…works with EC2 and only specific operating systems…and versions and regions.…
So you're going to want to check the documentation…to see if it's going to be possible…to work with it in your particular area.…Also, I want to point out that it says here…in the documentation,…at this time, your Amazon Inspector assessment targets…can consist only of EC2 instances.…I take from this wording that the intent…is to expand Amazon Inspector to other types of services…so when you watch this there might be more services covered.…That being said, let's go over to the console…
- Security and governance approaches
- Service cost predictability
- Protecting data in-flight and at-rest
- IAM best practices
- Security via AWS Inspector, AWS Trusted Advisor, and AWS KMS
- Console tools for cost control
- Total service costs for AWS
- Using the AWS billing dashboard
- Third-party security and governance tools
- Approaches to security and cost control
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: Enterprise Securitywith Sharif Nijim2h 7m Intermediate
Learning Cloud Computing: Cloud Governancewith David Linthicum1h 5m Intermediate
1. Security and Governance Approaches
2. Security and Governance for Services
3. AWS Tools for Security and Governance
4. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.