Learn how to create and use a certificate.
- [Instructor] The next service that we're going to look at…is the AWS Certificate Manager.…So you use this service to provision, manage and deploy…SSL and TLS certificates for AWS services.…It's used to secure network traffic,…and establish the identity of websites, for example.…You can use it with EC2 elastic load balancers,…CloudFront distributions, and APIs on API Gateway.…SSL and TLS certificates,…provisioned through the AWS Certificate Manager, are free.…
So to understand how this works,…we're actually go to EC2.…And we're going to work with load balancers.…If you're not familiar, a load balancer is an object…that you place in front of multiple EC2 instances,…so that you can distribute traffic between them.…Now how this relates to certificates…is it's a common design that you will use this…to host your website, for example,…and you may want to secure that…or to verify the authenticity via certificate.…
Previously,…you were using a third-party company, like VeriSign,…and getting that certificate took time, it was expensive,…
- Security and governance approaches
- Service cost predictability
- Protecting data in-flight and at-rest
- IAM best practices
- Security via AWS Inspector, AWS Trusted Advisor, and AWS KMS
- Console tools for cost control
- Total service costs for AWS
- Using the AWS billing dashboard
- Third-party security and governance tools
- Approaches to security and cost control
Skill Level Advanced
Amazon Web Services: Enterprise Securitywith Sharif Nijim2h 7m Intermediate
Learning Cloud Computing: Cloud Governancewith David Linthicum1h 5m Intermediate
1. Security and Governance Approaches
2. Security and Governance for Services
3. AWS Tools for Security and Governance
4. Advanced and Third-Party Tools
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.