Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video Sections of the CloudFormation template, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting PaaS Products.
- [Instructor] Now let's take a look at the some…of the sections of the CloudFormation Template.…This is sort of a breakdown…of what the different sections do.…The only section that you're actually required…to include is the Resources section,…which is really going to tell us what you want to deploy.…There are other sections which are optional.…Things like the Format version.…Right now, the only valid version is the 2010,…September the ninth version.…It's always going to be the same.…It really doesn't have any relevance on the APIs…or other versions.…
It just is the way the template is composed.…The next option is our description…and it always has to follow the format version…and it's a text string that allows us to know…what exactly was the template used for.…There may also be things like Metadata,…which are objects that just give us additional information…about the template and why you're using it.…Now, there are going to be things like parameters…that you can put into these templates…that give us the ability…
- Creating an IAM user, group, and role
- Using the IAM policy simulator
- IAM best practices
- Components of CloudFormation
- Benefits of Elastic Beanstalk
- Working with OpsWorks
- OpsWorks for Chef Automate and Puppet Enterprise
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Identity and Access Management
3. Elastic Beanstalk
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.