Of course, you need to test your app. In the simulator, you can run the app and make sure that the UI works to create new data. You can watch as the functions get called to send the data line. At AWS you can look in the DynamoDB table to make sure the data is successfully saved. Update and delete work similarly.
- [Narrator] Now's it's time to see if…all of our hard work paid off.…We're going to run the app and see…if we can store data on the server.…So I'll set a couple of breakpoints…on line 204 and 207 and start the app up.…I'll click the plus button to…create a new pictogram and…select an image, than choose it.…This is going to create it in the…insert new object, as well as…try to store it online.…I'll continue the execution and…we should get the breakpoint…from our closure…after we perform the mutation.…
I'm not getting it, so let's see if…we've got any errors and we do.…It's says it's having a problem…reading the app sync configuration…from the AWS configuration file.…So let's look at that file.…Sure enough, there's no app sync…configuration in here.…That's strange because we know…we set it up and this happens to me sometimes…when I accidentally configure in the wrong place.…So let's go look at this on the file structure.…And we see that there's two different…AWS configuration files.…I'm going to double click on AWS configuration…
- Working with the Amplify toolchain
- Creating a React app
- Adding analytics to a React app with Amplify
- User authentication via AWS
- Using Amplify to simplify account creation and management
- Creating a GraphQL API
- Storing files online
Skill Level Intermediate
AWS API Gateway with HTTP, Lambda, DynamoDB, and iOSwith Bear Cahill1h 33m Intermediate
1. AWS Amplify Overview
2. Amplified React App
3. Mobile App Features
4. Serverless Back End
5. Storing Files Online
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.