Learn how to upload S3 objects via the AWS Console and set up logging of all S3 access events.
- [Instructor] Now that we have both a primary bucket…and a logging bucket, let's go ahead…and generate some activity…that will create some logs for us.…The logs that appear in the logging bucket…will reflect all the activity that any user does…in the primary bucket, from uploading to downloading…to deleting and more.…Let's go into the primary bucket…and we will generate some activity…and we'll look at how to upload files.…Here we have the upload button.…And you can see that you actually have the opportunity…to drag and drop files directly in,…or you can do what I'll do which is click add files.…
Here I have some CSVs of sample data.…Let's start with this states.csv…which is a comma separated value file that has…some basic information about the US 50 states.…I'll click next and you can see that we have…the opportunity to set individual permissions…on this object just like we could at the bucket level.…We can also set access across accounts…and we can make the object public if we so desire.…I want to leave these at default and click next.…
Join AWS architect Brandon Rich and learn how to configure object storage solutions and lifecycle management in Simple Storage Service (S3), a web service offered by AWS, and migrate, back up, and replicate relational data in RDS. Find out how to leverage flexible network storage with Elastic File System (EFS), and use the new AWS Glue service to move and transform data. Plus, learn how Snowball can help you transfer truckloads of data in and out of the cloud.
- What is data management?
- AWS S3 basics
- S3 bucket creation
- S3 upload and logging
- S3 event notifications
- S3 data lifecycle configuration
- Working with Amazon Elastic Block Store volumes
- Creating and mounting an EFS
- Creating an AWS RDS instance
- RDS backup and recovery
- Moving data with AWS Database Migration Service
- Moving data with Data Pipeline and Glue
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Serviceswith Lynn Langit4h 30m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
2. Object Storage
3. File Systems
4. Database Services
5. Getting Data to AWS
6. Moving Data in AWS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.