Learn how to clean up S3 resources so as not to incur unexpected charges.
- [Instructor] When you're working in AWS,…it's important to remember to delete the things…that you don't need, so you don't get charged for them.…I'm going to head into the S3 section of the AWS console…and delete the buckets…that I'm no longer going to need for this course.…If I click on the bucket icon here,…this bucket row will get highlighted…and I can choose the Delete bucket option here at the top.…AWS wants me to be very sure that this is what I want to do…so it's requiring me to type in the name of bucket,…demo-cross-region and my initials.…
That bucket has now been deleted…and I'll repeat the process for the logging bucket.…Just click on the icon and click the Delete bucket.…Great, now our primary demo bucket still remains.…I'm going to keep it around for use in some of the later videos…in this series, but remember to delete it…when you're all done with it.…
Join AWS architect Brandon Rich and learn how to configure object storage solutions and lifecycle management in Simple Storage Service (S3), a web service offered by AWS, and migrate, back up, and replicate relational data in RDS. Find out how to leverage flexible network storage with Elastic File System (EFS), and use the new AWS Glue service to move and transform data. Plus, learn how Snowball can help you transfer truckloads of data in and out of the cloud.
- What is data management?
- AWS S3 basics
- S3 bucket creation
- S3 upload and logging
- S3 event notifications
- S3 data lifecycle configuration
- Working with Amazon Elastic Block Store volumes
- Creating and mounting an EFS
- Creating an AWS RDS instance
- RDS backup and recovery
- Moving data with AWS Database Migration Service
- Moving data with Data Pipeline and Glue
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Serviceswith Lynn Langit4h 30m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
2. Object Storage
3. File Systems
4. Database Services
5. Getting Data to AWS
6. Moving Data in AWS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.