Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video S3 storage classes, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [Narrator] Once you start using S3,…you'll find that you have a lot of data out there.…Some of that data doesn't need to be accessed…as often as other pieces of data,…so Amazon created what are known as Storage Classes.…The Storage Classes give you the ability…to categorize how often you use the data,…in order to move it to…potentially less expensive storage options.…There are four main types,…or Storage Classes available to you.…They are: S3 Standard Access,…S3 Standard Infrequent Access, known as IA,…S3 Reduced Redundancy Storage, or RRS,…and Glacier.…
Now, even though we're talking about storage classes,…each one of your Objects, can have its own storage class,…and they can all co-exist in the same bucket.…So, you don't need to create different buckets…for different storage classes.…Have one bucket…and then assign the different storage classes…to the different objects,…based on how long you expect it to live,…or how often you access it.…Let's take at each one of these storage classes.…S3 Standard is made for data…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.