S3 is the primary file or object storage service in AWS. What can you do with S3? This video explains the basic concepts of S3 storage and management.
- Now it's time to start diving into … one of the specific storage services in AWS, … that's certainly going to be on the exam, … and that you need to understand … because it's heavily used in the real world. … And that is the simple storage service, or S3. … Let's begin by getting a brief overview of this service. … The biggest thing you need to know is that S3 … is about object storage. … So you're storing objects. … Now we put these objects into buckets. … And we'll talk more about the terminology as we go along. … But the object could be a file, … or any chunk of data. … Amazon really doesn't care what the data is, … they're just going to put that big chunk of data, … you send them into a bucket as an object. … Now, the good news is that when these objects are stored, … they're automatically distributed across at least three … availability zones by default, … in most of the S3 storage classes. … And so that means that if the file is stored in the bucket, … it's going to be there even if …
This Total Seminars course covers the exam certification topics. For information on additional study resources—including practice tests, lab simulations, books, and discounted exam vouchers—visit totalsem.com/linkedin. LinkedIn Learning members receive special pricing.
This course was created by Total Seminars. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- S3 terminology and features
- Creating S3 buckets
- Setting up a Glacier vault
- Creating EBS volumes
- Creating an EFS file system
- Going hands on with FSx file storage
- Monitoring storage security and performance