Learn about enabling two-factor authentication for deletes and learn about version control inside S3.
- [Instructor] If you're using cloud storage…within your company chances are several people…have access to it.…In order to prevent accidental deletion of files…or overwrites AWS provides additional layers of security.…Let's look at versioning right now.…When versioning is enabled in your S3 bucket,…S3 will keep track of changes that occur to your files…including deletes.…Each time the same file is uploaded,…S3 saves the old one and assigns a new tracking ID…to the latest version.…
This is all transparent to you, the user.…Typically you'll interact…with the latest version of your file.…But, when things go wrong, say an accidental overwrite,…you can always go to the S3 console…and choose to retrieve the previous version of your file.…Let's go to our console now.…Here we are in the AWS console and we have our bucket open.…We'll click on Properties and select Versioning,…and click enable.…
Keep in mind that when enabling versioning…it cannot be disabled.…You can suspend it but you cannot disable it.…You might be thinking, if I update my files very frequently…
- Identity and Access Management security
- S3 security policies, encryption, and version control
- KMS encryption
- User authentication with Cognito
Skill Level Advanced
Developing AWS Lambda Functions with Kotlinwith Troy Miles1h 55m Intermediate
AWS Machine Learning by Examplewith Jonathan Fernandes1h 25m Intermediate
1. Identity and Access Management (IAM)
2. Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
3. Key Management Service (KMS) Encryption
4. User Identities with Cognito and Web
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.