In this video, the instructor discusses facts to remember about S3.
- [Instructor] As we close this section, let's revisit…some important facts about S3 that usually come up…in certification exams.…Bucket policies are your primary tool to manage access…in and out of your S3 bucket.…The default policy if you don't specify one, is to deny…access to all.…You can also restrict access with ACLs, access control…lists, but this is the legacy way to do it and bucket…policies are preferred.…Data encryption and transit is done using SSL TLS…or as most people know it, https or (mumbles) http.…
Data encryption at rest can be done using S3 manage keys,…or KMS manage keys, we'll talk more about KMS…in the next section.…S3 manage encryption SSE-S3 is the preferred method…and it does not incur additional charges.…KMS managed encryption, SSE-KMS comes…with KMS service charges.…It's also worth noting that you can always encrypt…the files yourself prior to uploading to S3.…But in this case, you are responsible for managing…encryption keys as well as encryption and decryption.…
Enabled versioning and multi-factor authentication…
- Identity and Access Management security
- S3 security policies, encryption, and version control
- KMS encryption
- User authentication with Cognito
Skill Level Advanced
Developing AWS Lambda Functions with Kotlinwith Troy Miles1h 55m Intermediate
AWS Machine Learning by Examplewith Jonathan Fernandes1h 25m Intermediate
1. Identity and Access Management (IAM)
2. Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
3. Key Management Service (KMS) Encryption
4. User Identities with Cognito and Web
Next steps2m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.