Join Brian Eiler for an in-depth discussion in this video S3 features, part of Amazon Web Services: Implementing and Troubleshooting IaaS Products.
- [Narrator] Now let's dig into some of the features of S3.…First, each bucket, as you saw in our previous video,…has a globally unique URL.…Additionally, S3 touts 11 nines of durability.…Now, durability is different than availability.…Durability says that your data will be on the disk…and somehow accessible to you, no matter how many times…we have a failure within the system…in terms of availability.…Availability is your ability to get to the data,…but durability says that even if the data…is offline, it's not lost.…
Eleven nines of durability means that…it's even more powerful and more resilient…to failures and data loss than most of the storage…you'd have in your own premises' data center.…S3's data transfer is extremely flexible,…in the sense that we have APIs.…There's also on-site transfer accelerations,…and there's even off-site, or offline, storage capabilities,…in terms of data transfer; remember,…Snowball, as well as Snowmobile.…The data itself can be encrypted at rest…and also encrypted during transit using SSL encryption.…
- AWS global infrastructure
- VPC use cases
- EC2 instance types
- EC2 purchasing and troubleshooting
- Creating AMIs
- Using AWS storage solutions such as EBS, EFS, S3, and Glacier
- Versioning and cross-region replication on S3
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Storage and Data Managementwith Brandon Rich3h 50m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Design and Implement Systemswith Lynn Langit2h 51m Intermediate
1. Global Infrastructure
5. AWS Storage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.