Learn how to configure S3 lifecycle transition and object deletion rules, and be able to map concepts of the data lifecycle to the S3 lifecycle rule setup.
- [Instructor] In this video, I'll demonstrate…how to add object lifecycle rules to an S3 bucket.…Let's click into the S3 service.…I'll choose my primary bucket…and go to the furthest right tab, Management.…We're on the Lifecycle section,…and we currently don't have any lifecycle rules.…Click Add lifecycle rule.…The first step is to create a name for the rule.…Before we do that, let's think for a moment…about what we actually want to do here.…Let's assume that we want to transition our data…out of standard storage and into infrequent access…after a certain amount of time.…
From there, we want to go to Glacier,…and from there, after a long enough time,…we want to permanently delete the objects.…So we'll start out with a rule…that says GoToinfrequentAccess.…If we'd like, we can enter a prefix here…to make sure that this rule is only applied…to a subset of objects in the bucket.…Instead, we'll leave the prefix blank,…and we'll click Next.…This rule will apply to every object in this bucket.…On the Configure transition tab,…
Join AWS architect Brandon Rich and learn how to configure object storage solutions and lifecycle management in Simple Storage Service (S3), a web service offered by AWS, and migrate, back up, and replicate relational data in RDS. Find out how to leverage flexible network storage with Elastic File System (EFS), and use the new AWS Glue service to move and transform data. Plus, learn how Snowball can help you transfer truckloads of data in and out of the cloud.
- What is data management?
- AWS S3 basics
- S3 bucket creation
- S3 upload and logging
- S3 event notifications
- S3 data lifecycle configuration
- Working with Amazon Elastic Block Store volumes
- Creating and mounting an EFS
- Creating an AWS RDS instance
- RDS backup and recovery
- Moving data with AWS Database Migration Service
- Moving data with Data Pipeline and Glue
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Serviceswith Lynn Langit4h 30m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
2. Object Storage
3. File Systems
4. Database Services
5. Getting Data to AWS
6. Moving Data in AWS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.