Learn how to create and configure an S3 bucket.
- [Instructor] Let's start by creating an S3 bucket.…I've recently visited S3, so I see the icon here…under Recently visited services.…And if you don't have that, you can either…expand All services and find it in the list below…under Storage, or you can simply type in S3,…and the drop-down will review.…So going in to see S3 console,…you can see that we have a number of options here,…primarily, Create bucket.…I want to point out the Global designation…up here in the top right corner.…Normally in AWS services, you select a region…in which you are going to create your resources.…
That is still the case in S3.…S3 buckets are tied to a region,…and it's something you want to consider…when you create your buckets.…However, it says Global because this interface…makes no distinction about which region your buckets are in.…Once you have a few,…even if they're across different regions,…there will be one place to come and view them, right here.…Let's go ahead and create the bucket…by clicking Create bucket.…Now, we're going to have a primary bucket…
Join AWS architect Brandon Rich and learn how to configure object storage solutions and lifecycle management in Simple Storage Service (S3), a web service offered by AWS, and migrate, back up, and replicate relational data in RDS. Find out how to leverage flexible network storage with Elastic File System (EFS), and use the new AWS Glue service to move and transform data. Plus, learn how Snowball can help you transfer truckloads of data in and out of the cloud.
- What is data management?
- AWS S3 basics
- S3 bucket creation
- S3 upload and logging
- S3 event notifications
- S3 data lifecycle configuration
- Working with Amazon Elastic Block Store volumes
- Creating and mounting an EFS
- Creating an AWS RDS instance
- RDS backup and recovery
- Moving data with AWS Database Migration Service
- Moving data with Data Pipeline and Glue
Skill Level Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Monitoring and Metricswith Sharif Nijim2h 4m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: Data Serviceswith Lynn Langit4h 30m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services: High Availabilitywith Sharif Nijim2h 17m Intermediate
Amazon Web Services for Data Sciencewith Lynn Langit3h 56m Intermediate
2. Object Storage
3. File Systems
4. Database Services
5. Getting Data to AWS
6. Moving Data in AWS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.