Can you do more than simply store files in S3 buckets? You definitely can, and this video explores some of the more advanced features of S3.
- Before you begin creating your first S3 Buckets, … you really need to understand … some very important key concepts, … within the S3 storage system. … These concepts help you to have better organization, … and structure, to the way you implement your data, … it helps you to make sure your data is stored … in the most cost effective manner, … that you can utilize within S3. … So, we're going to talk about a few of these different concepts … and the first one is prefixes and delimiters. … So what are these really? … Well here's the thing, … in an S3 Bucket, you don't actually have folder hierarchies. … Like we're used to on the local hard drive … on a Windows computer or a Mac computer, … or something like that. … So how do we get organization in there? … We do it with prefixes and delimiters. … So a prefix is just a word, … or a string of letters, characters, numbers, … and then a delimiter is what separates one prefix … from another prefix before the final object. … So for example to make it look like a folder structure, …
This Total Seminars course covers the exam certification topics. For information on additional study resources—including practice tests, lab simulations, books, and discounted exam vouchers—visit totalsem.com/linkedin. LinkedIn Learning members receive special pricing.
This course was created by Total Seminars. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- S3 terminology and features
- Creating S3 buckets
- Setting up a Glacier vault
- Creating EBS volumes
- Creating an EFS file system
- Going hands on with FSx file storage
- Monitoring storage security and performance