Define the ability to manage identities in the cloud, and how they apply to cloud security.
- Identity and access management, or AIM…is absolutely imperative to Cloud security.…It allows you to sign identities to users,…to devices, to components, to resources,…and then configure who can access what device,…what resource from what identity,…what user identity, what resource identity,…what device identity, and whatever.…And so the IAM user is an entity that you create…in a system such as AWS that provides a way…to interact with the Cloud system, Amazon web services,…either EC2, S3, elastic block storage,…or any other resources that they have.…
So the primary use of Identity Access Management…is to give people you work with identities…that they can sign into the management console,…and request services.…So I can configure, for instance,…Brad can have access to certain types of services,…and Jim can have access to certain types of services,…and if somebody else comes along…and tries to access those systems,…and they're not authorized,…be it my identity access management system,…they'll be disallowed from accessing the system.…
- Cloud security on the infrastructure, application, and data levels
- Identity and access management
- Cloud security services: AWS, Microsoft, and third-party solutions
- Cloud encryption
- Cloud compliance services
- Planning cloud security
Skill Level Beginner
Amazon Web Services: Enterprise Securitywith Sharif Nijim2h 7m Intermediate
Microsoft Azure: Security Conceptswith David Elfassy2h 9m Intermediate
1. Cloud Security Basics
2. Cloud Security Services
3. Cloud Compliance Services
4. Planning Cloud Security
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.